Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Album Advert: Improvements from Evaluation & Analysis

DRAFT VERSION
FINAL VERSION



Firstly, the main improvements are the text. I removed the 'Sophomore Album' text as this was evidently an Americanism and after assessing it I realised that this would not suit my majority UK target audience and may not be a recognised phrase. Instead I just kept the album title with release date. Resultantly this meant that the album title had to be moved downwards. 

I also moved '12-12-12' closer to the website url as I felt that the gap was unnecessary. I really like how my paint effect turned out. I did this by using the 'Selective Colour' option to get the colour to more accurately match the key colour of the coral pink. 

I decreased the size of the artist's logo that I have created as I did not want it to obstruct the main illustration. As is also evident, I used the viewing option of the grid to ensure that this illustration was completely centralised, whereas my draft seemed a little uneven from the centre. I inserted the illustration from my previous Digipak so I did not have over complicate the process, as seen below:

Image copy and pasted into the document
 Firstly I copy and pasted the illustration into the document but as is clear the illustration was still in its 'Darker' setting. This then required me to create a background for it. I did this by using the Magic Wand Selection Tool and selecting the outside of the illustration within the layer. I then right clicked and selected 'Select Inverse'. Whilst still retaining the selection, I created a new layer and then used the Paint Bucket tool to fill in the empty area which was the inside of the illustration. This made it then appear like the image below. I then refined it by deleting mistakes of the paint bucket fill (obvious on the left and right hand side of the document of blocked cream colour over the paint effect):

Illustration has been filled out using a layering method
To create the background I used simple acrylic paint on off white paper with a rigid block to scrape the paint over the top of the paper and give it that lined effect. I did this randomly and achieved the effect behind. I then edited it using the brightness and contrast, levels, saturation and gradient map tools to achieve the colour. Resultantly it appeared like this which I then used as the background:

Paint effect

No comments:

Post a Comment