Wednesday, 7 November 2012

CD Case Design: Planning

For the back of the CD case I decided upon a plain background in contrast to the pattern. I think this is an attractive feature and works well alongside the pattern. It also draws the target audience's attention to the actual CD as well and also allows room for the CD to reduplicated and designed in a similar way. I also think this is unconventional and adds to the striking personality of my artist. 

Circle is insert and radial gradient applied


Another circle of the background colour is applied into the centre

As I was experimenting with the design I think that if I kept it with a plain pattern that it would then appear to have too much pattern to the inside of the Digpak. Therefore this is another reason why I chose this gradient and coloured in fill on the CD case design. I think it really works well as it compliments the pattern really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment