The application of record label logos and barcode
Simply for the barcode I used a specific CD barcode which has a typical numbering and lined format which would not be the same for any other barcode. I then copy and pasted it into the PSD. file and used CTRL+T to scale it down into the correct size on the back panel of my Digipak.
However the application of the logos was slightly more complex. I used both the 679 Artists logo and Atlantic Records logo to comply with my artist's record label company and give them credit, an element which I recieved from previous research. This is visible in the bottom print screen at the right hand corner of the back panel.
I then copy and pasted these into the PSD. file, using the same process I scale them down to an appropriate size to the conventions of other record labels I had seen on other back panels within my research. I then used a similar method to that of my background, and right clicked each layer, and selected 'Darken' on the drop down box. This meant that each logo had no white background and apart from the coloured sections of each logo, they can be seen clearly and visibly.
![]() |
| Choosing the dark option on the drop down box |
A valid feedback point was that my text did not appear horizontally aligned. After some investigation I found that in fact my text was aligned but that the italics that I applied to it made it appear to be off level. However, I think I will retain the current look of the track listing. Although I am still disputed as whether or not to include numbering. I think that with the separate coloured numbers it makes the individual tracks stand out in contrast.
For example these CD back panels below do not feature any sequential numbering system: (Marina and the Diamonds first and second, Lady Gaga third)

Whereas on the other hand these designs do. For example the first one has numbers in a really small font to the top left of the capitalised track title:
(Lana Del Rey first, Adele second, The Wanted third)



Here I have tested both styles on my back panel to compare:
![]() |
| With sequential numbering |
![]() |
| Without numbering |



No comments:
Post a Comment