Saturday, 3 November 2012

Back Panel: Design & Layout Processes

The back panel is the vital component in the Digipak as it provides track listing information, barcode for purchase and record label and copyright information. 

Firstly, I inserted a text box using my font 'Scarlett Ribbons' which I had chosen previously. I then inserted used the grid option to align it centrally onto the back panel. I then inserted the following text of my track listing:

1. Bubblegum Bitch
2. Primadonna
3. Lies
4. Homewrecker
5. Starring Role
6. The State of Dreaming
7. Power and Control
8. Living Dead
9. Teen Idle
10. Valley of the Dolls
11. Hypocrates
12. Fear and Loathing
I then coloured the numbering with the pink coral of my three point colour palette. I then scale the font to what I thought was the most appropriate text size and did not clutter the back panel. The line spacing was also important which I condensed together because then it made the text move together more and I think looked more professional.

I then added the relevant small print text which I previously discovered from my research here. I used the font Arial because the text needs to be read clearly by my target audience, especially since it will be small. I used font size 4pt and moved it to the bottom left of the back panel.

I then inserted the record label logos and barcode which I had retrieved from my previous research also. I then scaled these down using the CTRL+T tool. The following process is similar to that I have posted here from my Evaluation feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment